Sunday, September 16, 2012

Witch leaving home


My favorite holiday is Halloween. I will probably have a lot on this theme.  I made my first altered book and this is my first page.  It is The Ides of March by Thorton Wilder - and it was VERY hard to rip into it.  The only reason I could, is because it only cost me a buck at a neighbors moving garage sale, so I wasn't personally attached. After tearing every other page out, I started with gesso, and then some gray acrylic paint, stamping around the edges and then misting the tree.  All die cuts are painted.  The witch and the house were glittered, therefore I painted over them to get a mat finish.

Stamps are by Judith (twigs) and Stampendous (tree limbs with crows) the die cuts are K and Company (house and witch), Tim Holtz (crow) and Spellbinders (Elegant Posts used as flourishes).  The fence is Martha Stewart punch.  The tree misting template is Tattered Angels.  Spray ink is October Afternoon.

No comments: