Thursday, September 27, 2012

Black birds

This is for the Smudgy Antics weekly challenge Black Birds.  I received an order in the mail with new Lumiere paints so I had to try them.  I started by stamping the background with Stampendous trees and then adhered white tissue paper on top.  Once dry I painted with Lumiere Hi Lite Blue because I was intrigued by the holographic effect it gives everything.  I highlighted all with my finger with green paint and purple around the edges.  The fence is a die cut by Cheery Lynn Designs, Ornamental Gate, painted.  The crow is a Tim Holtz die cut.  The moon is circle die cut and edged with Distress Ink by Ranger.  Fibers on gate are adhered with gel medium.  The final touch was the tree branch stencil by The Crafters Workshop.  I mixed black gesso and fiber gel medium (Golden) to get the paste.  Other stamps by Inkadindado and the birds in the distance are just dots I was brave enough to draw freehand (gasp!).

Measures 4.5" x 7"

This angle to sow dimension - which is mostly the branches.  The tissue paper texture is difficult to pick up on camera. Now I think I should have added silver to the fibers as they blend too well with the background.

5 comments:

Shelley said...

how fabulous! I love the background on this and how awesome that you was brave and drew the birds in the distance they look great!
Thanks for playing along with us at Smudgy Antics. Shell x

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

This is a beautiful piece of mixed media. love the effect of the tissue paper. Thank you for sharing with us at Smudgy Antics this week

Monique's art said...

so very beautiful, love the back ground you made and the birs scene you created. Thanks for sharing at Smudgy Antics

LisaVeronica said...

lovely texture and project. Thank you for sharing at Smudgy Antics.

KristyLee said...

Wow!!! This is wicked cool! Your piece turned out great! Arent new toys so much fun to play with! Wonderful job! Thank you for sharing with us at Smudgy Antics!
Peace,
Kristy
(SA DT)